Designing a decentralized hub of information on the blockchain solves the many problems of normal marketplaces on the internet:
- These marketplaces are centrally-controlled by a select few and make decisions that affect millions of people.
- Content-creators on most platforms only earn 75% profit or often much less for their content.
- The members of these platforms, the content-creators and the content-purchasers, are usually the last to see the benefits of those decisions.
- In order to make money for their material, they have to raise prices, narrowing the user base of content-purchasers to only those who can afford the higher cost of entry to that knowledge.
- Last but not least, payments are made using currencies that don’t appreciate over time, but actually depreciate as supply continues to increase.